There are sheep roaming about the most inhospitable climates in the world. They are at home in even the coldest, dampest environments and just as content in a hot, dry one. It makes sense that sheep’s wool, with its unique attributes, would have many beneficial uses. It should not come as a surprise that sheep’s wool insulation is worth considering. Here are some of the attributes you can expect from this amazing product:
- Retains Thickness – Wool fibers are crimped in nature giving this type of insulation great resilience. This attribute enables sheep’s wool insulation to continue being efficient even years later rather than becoming thinner as many insulation products can do.
- Sound Barrier – You will love sheep’s wool insulation if your goal is to reduce noise because it creates an effective acoustic insulation.
- Flame Resistant – Wool naturally contains moisture, making it resistant to fire. It will burn in direct fire but quickly extinguishes itself when the flame is removed. Thus, a spark landing on sheep’s wool insulation only singes rather than igniting into a roaring fire as other building materials might.
- Sustainable and Renewable – If you are looking for a green product, you can’t go wrong with sheep’s wool insulation. Not only does it take less energy to produce than other types of insulation, it can easily be recycled or biodegraded.
- Clean Air – You won’t have to worry about using a breathing apparatus around sheep’s wool insulation and it also absorbs and breaks down other air contaminants, improving indoor air quality.
If you would like to know more about sheep’s wool insulation, give us a call at AppleBlossom Energy. We are passionate about offering green choices, so you can feel good about enjoying an environmentally friendly, efficient home. Ask us about how a whole-house energy retrofit can provide a 20 to 40 percent reduction in your energy costs.